In 2021, the world will be a very different place from what it is now. The way people spend their time and interact with each other will have changed significantly in just one decade. Social marketing strategies are going to change too, and you need to stay ahead of developments if you want your business to thrive in this new social landscape. In this blog post, we’ll explore how SMM might work ten years from now, with tips for success that will help your company grow right through the 2020s!
Take a look at the current trends in social media and try to incorporate them into your strategy.
- People are spending more time on Facebook and Instagram. By 2021, it’s estimated that there will be a 300% increase in the number of video posts per person 2020. Have you been gradually adding videos to your content? This could help with visibility!
- Pins have increased by 230%. Make sure yours is high quality and relevant so people want to share them too.
- Posts on Twitter have also seen an uptick (by over 160%). It’s almost double the amount from when we last looked at it back in 2016 – this shows how much social media has changed since then. Remember to use hashtags for reach!
-Youtube became the new search engine in 2021. That means it’s a good idea to start uploading more video content on YouTube too.
-It’s estimated that there will be an increase of 300% in social media posts per person in 2020 (from the research, we can see this is mainly due to videos). This post has been shared 10 times so far!
Create a blog post outlining all the changes that will happen in 2021
As this is 2021, it’s a good idea to write all the changes that will happen in 2021 in a blog post.
Explain why it’s important for businesses to stay up-to-date on social media trends before they become obsolete
The landscape of social media is changing very quickly as new technologies are being introduced. If you’re not up-to-date on trends, then your business may be left behind or obsolete.
Social Marketing in 2021 will rely heavily on video content and live videos to engage with audiences more. This way, customers can see what they’d like before making a purchase decision, and the brands have a chance to get feedback from their customer base about products launched through this marketing strategy.”
A few tips for businesses include having at least one person dedicated solely to monitoring all forms of online communication (Facebook, Twitter, etc), ensuring that all employees understand how important it is that they are active members by sharing posts regularly so people know who they really represent.
Share this blog with friends and family to get them excited for what’s coming next year!
Once you write about changes in 2021, now it’s a good idea to share them with friends and family to get them excited about what’s coming next year.
Keep up with industry news so you can stay on top of any changes or updates
Keep up with industry news so you can stay on top of any changes or updates you may need to make. For example, Facebook recently made a change that will require businesses to post at least four times per month in order for their posts to be seen by followers – if they don’t meet the requirement, then only one post from them would surface all year long (and yet another update is coming!)
Consider writing an article about how SMM strategies have changed over time and what we can expect from them in the future
Consider writing an article about how SMM strategies have changed over time and what we can expect from them in the future. For example, when Facebook first came out everyone was looking at their number of friends to determine who they would add as a friend on the site; now people are more concerned with whether or not someone is worth following on social media before deciding if they’re worthy of being added as a friend.
Write about how social media will change by 2021 – explore different platforms,
- The 2020s were all about video and live streaming. Stories have taken over the feed with their disappearing nature – but they are also not interactive like Snapchat stories used to be. People want a more in-depth experience now, so it’s no surprise that we’re seeing much stronger growth of platforms like Reddit where users can upvote posts via karma points (AKA likes). On top of this being a place for highly engaged communities centered around niche topics, brands are able to advertise here too thanks to sponsored ads. This has allowed them to target specific subreddits which might suit their brand from an audience standpoint; there is less risk involved because they only need one post per subreddit rather than posting across multiple Reddit forums.
Encourage viewers to subscribe to your newsletter
This is an important tip that most people ignore. One of the most significant reasons that people are subscribing to newsletters is because they’re getting a lot more value from them than just one blog post.
- You shouldn’t be emailed about new posts, you should use your newsletter as an opportunity for building relationships with readers and potential customers by providing helpful content like guides, freebies, or industry-related inspiration on how to create marketing strategies that work in 2021.
- Your best bet is giving something valuable away every week while still linking back to your site – this will increase both ad revenue (either through ads or affiliate links), as well as subscriptions.
This can also help build credibility among other marketers who may not have previously been aware of what you were doing.
Be careful of what you post on social media
Be careful of what you post on social media because it never truly goes away. It can come back to haunt you when you’re looking for a job, applying for college, or even dating someone new—so don’t say anything that would make people question your integrity and reputation (especially if they know how to search the internet).
Engage with followers by commenting and liking their posts
Become more engaging by replying to comments to your followers’ posts and liking their photos. This will let your followers know you appreciate them, as well as encourage other people to follow you back because they want the same type of engagement with customers or readers.
Use different platforms for different purposes
Not all platform is built for the same purpose, so it is important to use the right one for the given circumstances. For example, Facebook works best for building relationships with people you know and using your personal page as a way to stay in touch on an everyday basis. Twitter, however, can be used for socializing and staying up-to-date about what’s happening on any number of topics that interest you–thanks to its easy accessibility.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this overview of the future of social marketing. If you have any questions about what we discussed or would like to learn more, please feel free to reach out! And if there’s one thing that hasn’t changed over time it is the importance of quality content. So keep up with your blog posts and remember – don’t feed the trolls!
2 thoughts on “The Complete Guide to Social Marketing in 2021”
Pingback: 14 Ways to Improve the Performance of Your WordPress Site - Top WordPress Tips
Pingback: Best Social Media Marketing Tools that Offer Engaged Users | SMMTips